After building a website, people are curious to know about their website. Plenty of question runs in their mind such as:
• What actually happening on the site?
• Which pages people do visit most?
• Where the traffics are coming from?
• Which pages are most likely to encourage a purchase?
• What are your best traffic sources?
Literally, your whole business strategy depends on these questions. The exact answer of these questions will help you to take the right decision and definitely this will also decide the future of your business. Fortunately, some free and paid online tools are available, that will give you exact idea that what your users are doing on your site. So in this blog, we classified the tools into four categories.
• The best tools for understanding user behavior.
• The best tools for SEO and competitive research.
• The best tools for testing and optimizing your site.
• The best tools for tracking social metrics.
The best tool for understanding user behavior– For the successful digital marketing campaign, it is very necessary that know your users. We mean to say that understand user behavior, such as how long they stay on the site, where they move their mouse and where they click and scroll on the page, these are the things that will give you exact idea that what they want. Initially it was too difficult, but now it is very easy to track the user behavior. The following tools are especially developed to track the user behavior, where some are free and some are paid.
“Google Analytic– Google Analytic is free and powerful analytic tool, that will help you to understand that what the visitors are actually doing on your site. It has following features
• Google Analytic can track your transaction data and help you to identify which pages are most likely to encourage a purchase and which page on the site drive the most sales.
• It also provides information like where your users are from and what types of internet browser they are using.
ChartBeat– ChartBeat is a useful analytic tool that will provide you information like what is happening on your website right now and its monthly plan starts from 9.95 USD. Apart from that, it has following features.
• It gives you a real time view like, where the visitors are clicking, scrolling and interacting with the content on the website.
• ChartBeat proven beneficial when there is a need to adjust headline in real time to ensure that new stories get the maximum number of clicks. This tool is useful for news website.
CrazyEgg– If you want to reach your information to a large number of audience and want to track your user then CrazyEgg is the better option, its monthly basic plan starts from 9 USD, besides it has following features:
• CrazyEgg use the power of heat map technology, which gives the precise idea that what visitors are exactly doing on your site.
• It shows you where people are moving their mouse on the page and where they click.
• This kind of tracking helps you see what areas are catching the most attention and interaction from users.
The best tool for SEO and competitive research– Digital marketing is the game of traffic. If you are concerned for the ranking of the site and wondered why your competitors are outranking you, then following tools are for you.
MOZ– If you want to track your competitors and your social network presence, then MOZ is an all-in -one SEO tool for tracking your ranking in search engine. It has following features.
• MOZ gives you detailed data about which sites are linking to not only your site, but also the sites of competitors.
• This also gives you idea that how your site and brands are shared on social networking site and gives you actionable data to improve your presence on different social networking sites.
SEMrush– SEMrush is the excellent tool that will give you a clear idea that how to improve ranking and online advertising. It has following features.
• SEMrush tells you what keyword searches your competitors are advertising on and even shows you their ad text.
• This tool also gives you an estimate of how much your competitors are spending on their search advertising.
Compete– Compete is free as well as paid online tool, that will give you an exact information that how much traffic your competitor are getting. Apart from that, it has following features
• This tool provides competitive data so you can see exactly, how your top competitors are performing online.
• Compete has a large suite of advanced, paid tools for deep analysis of advertising data, sales data and more.
The best tool for testing and optimizing your site
Optimizely– After collecting the data on how your customers are using your site, after that definitely to improve the performance you are looking to add some new things on your site. This is a where a service like Optimizely comes in. It has following features.
• Optimizely let you quickly make changes to your site and then automatically test.
• The entire interface of Optimizely is too easy, there is only point-and-click so you don’t need any designer or developer to make changes on the site.
Google Content Experiment– Google content experiment is very similar to Optimizely and its functionality is free and easy to use. Unlike Optmizely, you don’t get a point-and-click interface for making changes to your site. This tool will let you see how two different versions of the web page perform so you can optimize your site.
The best tool for tracking social metrics–
Twitter Analytic (Free )– Social Media Marketing is one of the best ways to drive traffic and boost ranking of the website. Twitter Analytic is some of the best social analytic tools that will enable you to see who your followers are, where they are from & what they are interested in. You also get an analysis of your tweets so you can see which tweets reach the most people and create the most conversions.
Facebook page Insights ( Free )– Facebook Page Insight feature provides detailed analysis of your posts such as, who they are reaching, who is liking the post, and how your Facebook performance is trending over time. Like Twitter Analytic, you can also see who your followers are and where they are from. All in all, Facebook page insights provide fascinating and actionable information so that you can optimize your Facebook presence and increase your likes and share content.